What influence do you have? You may think you don’t have any influence at all, but according to today’s guest, “Everybody has a degree of influence.” In this episode, Jason Falls, the Senior Influence Strategist at Cornett, is here to talk about how to use influence marketing to ignite your brand.
Basically, Jason solves problems. Most of the time these problems have to do with digital marketing for Cornett, a full-service advertising agency based in Lexington, Kentucky. At Cornett, Jason leads digital strategy, helping clients figure out how to translate their messages and connect with their audiences in the digital space. His work has touched a number of major brands and he has been recognized with several national (and many regional) awards including a 2020 Shorty Award for his influence marketing work.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Cornett – advertising agency
- Digging Deeper & Winfluence – Jason’s podcasts
- Winfluence: Reframing Influencer Marketing to Ignite Your Brand – Jason’s 3rd book
What you will learn:
- The best ways for an influence marketer to get in front of a business (5:23)
- Having an audience and proving your value
- Influence marketing – more than just YouTube and Instagram (9:27)
- Influence > influencer – disregarding the ‘r’
- How a local business can leverage influence marketing (18:00)
- General advice
- Ninja example – Jim Lin
- The best practices for a small business when approaching a potential influencer (24:54)
- Using the phrase, “If you’re interested”
- Considering value-exchange
- Understanding your worth as an influence marketer (27:54)
- Does the number of followers you have actually tell you anything about your value as an influencer?
- Average cost per thousand and engagement rates
Jason Mentality – Quotes From the Show
“The most trusted people for purchase recommendations are your family and friends”
“Everybody has a degree of influence”
“We are in the immature stages of influence marketing”