Your traditional newsletter could be holding your email engagement back! Our guest today is Meera Kothand, an email marketing strategist and 3X Amazon bestselling author. She is the publisher of an award-winning site listed in the top 100 sites for solopreneurs in 2020, 2018, and 2017. She also released the popular CREATE Planners.
Using her unique and profitable email system and ADDICTED business framework, she makes powerful marketing strategies simple and relatable so that small business owners can build a tribe that’s addicted to their zone of genius.
Mentioned in This Episode
What you will learn:
- Changes in email marketing over the last 5 years (4:50)
- From linear buying funnel to brand ecosystem
- Traditional vs non-traditional newsletters (7:35)
- Pushing the boundaries with single-focus emails
- Does consistency matter? (14:43)
- Standing out from the noise and building trust
- Proper use of a nurture sequence (18:16)
- Focusing on the end goal
- What do people need from you?
- Don’t be scared of email marketing! (22:25)
- Building an email list (25:02)
- Go where your audience is
- Be ready to accept them
Meera Mentality – Quotes From the Show
“Newsletters are useful for sure, but they don’t really help with brand reinforcement”
“The first 24-48 hours is when someone is the most engaged with your brand”
“It’s your job as a business owner to empower (your audience) and get them ready to say yes”