Are you an entrepreneur, business owner, or business leader who wants to brush up on some speaking skills? Today’s episode should be just what you need. Shannon Grainger has worked with over 200 industry-leading speakers including Tony Robbins and Mark Victor Hanson (Chicken Soup for the Soul), and is here to talk about how to use public speaking to grow your business.
For more than 12 years, Shannon has studied with women’s empowerment luminaries like Alison Armstrong, Mama Gena, and Brene Brown, and has continued to deepen her research of Feminine Leadership and Women’s Studies. In 2014, Shannon launched Big Impact HQ with her husband Mark, a seminar and training company that has trained over 3000 women leaders in presentation mastery. These women have generated over $43 Million dollars in revenue and have spoken on some of the world’s most coveted stages, including TEDTalk, Tony Robbins, Good Morning America, and The View.
Mentioned in This Episode
What you will learn:
- Shannon’s passion for speaking (2:08)
- How to close on stage (4:44)
- Where are you speaking?
- Getting speaking opportunities (9:01)
- In-person speaking vs online speaking
- Preparing for your presentation (11:26)
- A strategic signature talk
- Speaking hacks (16:01)
- What to include in your signature talk
- Big Impact’s speaker blueprint (20:36)
- Getting into your element (24:09)
- A prestage ritual
- Get in touch with Shannon (27:49)
Grainger Mentality – Quotes From the Show
“That speaker on stage should be you”
“In order to speak your path to cash, you need to be prepared”
“As speakers, we’re the inspirers”
“Everybody has their unique flavour”