Roberto Gennaro is the Chief Digital Officer of Redtag.ca – TravelBrands Inc. group of companies, one of Canada’s leading retail travel agencies where he leads the overall digital strategy, analytics, mobile app, website development, and social media. Roberto is also a Public Speaker on digital transformation, analytics, conversion optimization, ML + AI. He’s credited for having transformed the digital future of the company and driving growth by converting traditional to digital, with more than 17 years of experience.
If you’re a travel agency, it’s more important than ever to have a strong digital presence. Here are some tips on how to make the transition:
1. Start by creating a website and social media accounts. This is the foundation of your digital presence. Make sure your website is easy to navigate and your social media accounts are updated regularly.
2. Use digital marketing techniques to promote your business. There are many different digital marketing strategies, so find one that fits your business. Some popular strategies include search engine optimization, social media marketing, and email marketing. For help in digital marketing, it’s recommended that you seek out services from a reputable agency in that works with other clients in the travel industry like Merged Media.
3. Utilize technology to make your business more efficient. There are many different types of software that can help travel agencies run their business more effectively. For example, travel booking software can help you manage reservations and travel itineraries.
4. Be proactive in embracing new technologies. Technology is constantly evolving, so it’s important to stay ahead of the curve. For example, if you’re not already using a travel booking app, consider using one to make bookings easier for your customers.
5. Train your employees on how to use digital tools. Many of the technologies travel agencies use are new to employees. Make sure they know how to use them so they can be more efficient.
By following these tips, travel agencies can make the transition to a digital travel business and stay competitive in today’s market. For further listening, check out episode 037 of the podcast on How to Skyrocket Your Social Media Engagement.